Monday, October 8, 2012

          

“Colder”

 

I can’t believe it’s October

I watch the leaves burn to red

I can’t believe that It’s over

I can’t believe what you said

So what if I am happy when it’s raining

You always were a little dry for me

And what if I prefer my window

open

You always did enjoy confining

anything and anyone

And

Winter may be cold enough to kill me

But it’s really not that bad

On channel four they tell me to find shelter

Something that I wish I had

The ice and the wind

Well I’m not afraid of them

But you are colder

You are colder

The promises that you made me

fall and dry like leaves to the ground

And soon the wind will erase them

Nevermore to be found

Your arrogance was always so enlightening

How blessed I was to be reflected in your eyes

To have a moment’s fame within your

judgment

I always did enjoy feeling inferior

on your radar

And

Winter may be cold enough to kill me

But it’s really not that bad

On channel four they tell me to find shelter

Something that I wish I had

The ice and the wind

Well I’m not afraid of them

But you are colder

You are colder

I can dream

of a place where I am

free to be

Where I can be

me

And it’s enough to trump propriety

I know you believe

That this is not the time or place to be in

love with

you

So I’ll just

move

So what if I must stand

alone

forever

The snow is falling down

I’m mourning all of you

I’m cold and blue

But

Winter may be cold enough to kill me

And it’s really getting bad

Remembering the times

That you were my

shelter

And everything we had

The ice and the wind

Are faithful to the end

It’s getting colder

I’m getting

                            Colder 

 

Copyright Kasey Gates Crawford 2012
All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment